Monday, October 17, 2005

This weekend, Walker and I went to the Laguna Seca race track for the American Les Mans race. Probably a bit too much racing for my first time out, since the racing on Saturday went on until 7pm, and we got there a little before 9am, but it was fun anyway. And I brought my Gameboy, so when I was all raced out I went farming instead.
My favorite part was on Sunday, when Walker's mechanic (the man storing his race car for him) and his team raced. Especially since both Galen (mechanic) and Bob (Owner) crashed before the end of the race. Bob managed to crash right before what ended up being the last lap of the race. The safety car was out for a good 2/3 of the laps. Funny funny racing.
On Friday we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and communed with the penguins and jellyfish, rather then watch practices all day. They have a large jellyfish exhibit right now, which was really nifty, but I think they got a bad deal on Moon jellyfish, since there were about 5 different tanks full of them in different parts of the aquariums. I wonder if they bred faster then expected.
We got memberships, so we have to go back at least twice more. We will definitely be going back for the Meet the Penguins event.
Now I have a lot of errands to run. Must make list.

No comments:

Post a Comment