Tuesday, September 20, 2005

For reasons unknown to me I was in a horrible mood this morning. Okay, maybe I know, and maybe it had something to do with my new favorite sim family crashing every time I tried to play leaving me with two viable options, delete them or reinstall the game.
So I left the house with Stewie to grocery shop and drop off my soon to be overdue library books. While I was out I figured I'd visit all the thrift stores I have found so far and see which one I liked best.
There is a winner. Thrift Center on El Camino Real. There is nothing I love more then an independently run thrift store, something I'd kind of forgotten since the Thriftco in Ballard went out of business.
The best part was that unbeknownst to me, this morning was happy hour so all clothes were 50% off, in addition to the listed discounts on furniture and binned items. So everything I got was half off.
We now have a nice wooden bread box, that I will probably paint, and a copy of Pay Day!
I love Pay Day. When I was quite small and hyperactive, [info]elfflame and I would sit for hours and play Life and Pay Day, in a strange combo game we invented. I have both the old and new versions of Life, and sometimes force people to play them with me to see which one they like best. However, Pay Day had been out of print for years, and we had no idea what happened to our childhood version. While Winning Moves has recently re-released Pay Day, I was worried that the new art style would annoy me. Apparently I don't like change.
But then, it was only 65 cents at the thrift store, and $11.99 on Amazon, so I think I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment