Monday, April 18, 2005

We saw 8 houses this weekend, although we only went inside 6 of them. It's still a lot of houses. I took notes, and I still got confused. It's a good thing I wrote down "nice" when I liked a place or I never would have remembered that the third house we saw was a favorite.
That one had everything we wanted, even the garage, but we found out later that it had been leased before we even saw it.
Now we are trying for two houses, one is less then 4 miles to Walker's new office, so he could bike to work, but it has virtually no counter space in the kitchen, mostly due to the fact that the washer and dryer are in there. I'm figuring we can buy something to put on top of at least the dryer to turn it into a counter top. There's also room for a premade counter or island to fit in there.
The second one is big and beautiful, with a family room in addition to three bedrooms and a nice sized garage. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a washer/dryer or a fridge, which our agent assures us is normal, but I have never been to view a house for rent without one. The house is also rented by the owners, no agent involved and they are VERY concerned that whoever moves in there is clean and gets along with the neighbors. Since it was the last house we visited and then we talked to the man while we were waiting at the airport, I'm fairly sure we didn't make the best impression possible.
Here's hoping that our ability to move in right away works in our favor for one of the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment